[Laszlo-user] Modular and Styled OL Application

Simon Cornelius P. Umacob simoncpu at infoweapons.com
Mon Jun 30 21:27:03 PDT 2008

Hi,

Leonardo Mateo wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Dave Miller <dwmiller at umich.edu> wrote:
>
>>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Greg Denton wrote:
>>> A sympathetic note....#2 is a real pain. I asked the same question a
>>> while back. I wound up rewriting all of the component classes (using
>>> the base classes) that my app uses as the lz ones are so ugly and only
>>> minimally styleable (color, font). It turns out that the data handling
>>> for the components was not what I liked anyway, and I needed to do
>>> selection management, so it was inevitable. I had to create a whole
>>> application framework to do what I wanted. Lots of time. What I have
>>> now is valuable (in terms of functionality) but has to be closely
>>> maintained. I'm sure a lot of developers are doing the same thing.

Do you guys have plans on open sourcing some of your components?  Maybe
we can work together on writing custom components or something... =)

[ simon.cpu ]
p.s.: Any news on regex support for edittext?

--
And /usr/games/fortune futurama says:

Pop a Poppler in your mouth
When you come to Fishy Joe's
What they're made of is a mystery
Where they come from no one knows
You can pick 'em you can lick 'em you can chew 'em you can stick 'em
If you promise not to sue us you can shove one up your nose.