[Laszlo-user] Modular and Styled OL Application

Henry Minsky hminsky at laszlosystems.com
Wed Jun 18 05:29:24 PDT 2008

Hi Leonard,

As to your first question, there is a runtime loaded library facility
which is accessed by using the
<import> tag. Any library which is referenced in the main app via a
<import> tag will be compiled
as a runtime loaded library. The library loading can be deferred if you specify

<import name="mylib" stage="defer" href="lib/mylib.lzx"/>

and then loading can be forced at some point in your application by
calling  the load() method on the library object.

In swf8, classes, script code, fonts, and views can be loaded from a
runtime library, however image or audio assets can't be compiled
in due to some limitations of the Flash 8 runtime. When we have swf9
support working fully,embedding image asset into loadable libraries
should work.

hminsky at laszlosystems.com