[Laszlo-user] Proposal to make `isinited` obsolete, add `inited`, which actually corresponds to `init` having been executed

P T Withington ptw at pobox.com
Thu Dec 11 08:38:47 PST 2008

Here is a proposal I would like to make:

1) Deprecate `isinited`:  It's inconsistent with our naming scheme.
It does not correspond to init being called.  (It is set before
references have been resolved and before init has been called!)

2) Add a new attribute, `inited`, that is set just after `oninit` (and
thus reflects that init has been called).  This is consistent with the
state API apply/onapply/applied.

Your comments requested.