[Laszlo-user] Loading Screen for Dynamic Resources

Rich Christiansen warproof at warproof.com
Fri Oct 19 07:51:07 PDT 2007

Hello, everyone!

I've got an easy 'softball' question for someone out there to show their
Laszlo prowess.

Here's the scenario:

I have an app that reads a relatively large dataset containing the URLs
of a variety of resources - images, MP3s, and FLVs.  All of these
resources are dynamically included in the application via the 'resource'
parameter of views in the app.  (That is to say that I'm dynamically
instantiating one view for each of the resources specified in the
dataset)  I'm loading quite a few resources, so it can take some time to
load them, especially on a slower connection.  I'd like to display a
this be done?

*Bonus points: If the resources take too long to load, I'd like to
display the app (hide the 'Loading' screen) after a set timeout - say,
15 seconds.  How could I do this as well?

I know of the splash tag and how it is used to "[control] the
presentation while the application is loading".  However, I haven't been
able to find any documentation regarding the precise meaning of

Thanks so much in advance! :)
-Rich