[Laszlo-user] Adding event handlers to color picker

Mike Pence mike.pence at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:05:42 PDT 2007

I was able to just use the implicit on* events created for each attribute

so...

<handler name="onmike" reference="a1">

...in my client object is fired when the setAttribute('mike'... is
called on object a1. Simple enough. The confusion came from the fact
that objects inside of a tab seem not to be instantiated until that
tab is clicked. Once I take the referenced object out of the concealed
tab, all is well. Is there a way to tell it to load all objects in the
tabs explicitly?

Also, why does textobject.setAttribute('fgcolor','red') not work and
change the fgcolor of lzText object red? Is there some refresh method
that must be called?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Pence