[Laszlo-user] Font selection, file open dialog and capturing the canvas image

Mike Pence mike.pence at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:43:46 PDT 2007

Hey guys,

I am happy to be having some work to do with Laszlo after too-long of
an absence.

A few questions for the applet I am currently working on, which I am
hoping someone can help me out with:

1. Is there a file open dialog function for Laszlo? I want users to be
able to select an image file to use off of their local drive.

2. Is there any boilerplate code for offering a font selection dialog
or dropdown?

3. What about explicit z-order manipulation? Z-order seems to
currently be determined by order of view creation, with newer views
atop older views.

4. Once users have finished doing some image scaling and arranging, I
want to be able to capture their work and save it as a jpg or png --
the autmated equivalent of a screen grab or capture. Is there an easy
way to do this, like canvas.saveRectToFile (wishful thinking,
probably).

5. How are ActionScript methods called form OL?

Thanks for any pointers. I will be spending the next several hours
figuring these things out. I will post results here, unless somebody
wants to beat me to it.

Best,
Mike Pence