[Laszlo-user] Secret to getting scroll wheel to work?

James Howe openlaszlo at wingspread.imap-mail.com
Fri Mar 31 15:01:23 EST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:29:12 -0500, Max Carlson <max at laszlosystems.com>
wrote:

> James Howe wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:35:03 -0500, Benjamin Shine
>> <ben at laszlosystems.com> wrote:

>>> I think Laszlo Mail uses an iframe for scrolling in the message
>>> viewer. I'm cc'ing Michael Gregor, who owns that part of the system.
>>>
>>  Interesting, I could have sworn that the scroll wheel worked in the
>> message list area as well, but I just tried it and it doesn't.
>>  --James Howe
>>

> It will, remember you have to click on the Flash object to give it
> focus.  [...]

Right, I figured that.  However, I just was in LaszloMail and I clicked on
a message title in my inbox.  I've sized my message list so that a
vertical scrollbar appears.  Rolling the scroll wheel has no effect.  If I
move my mouse over the message itself, it will scroll, but I assume that
is because the message is in an IFrame and the browser is handling that.

All this being said, I've never seen vertical scrolling working in a
regular LaszloApplication.  For example, running the LZRReference, I've
never been able to get the left pane to scroll no matter what I do
(clicking in it, etc.)

--
James Howe