[Laszlo-user] bizarre error message -- more info

William Krick wkrick at eio-online.com
Fri Mar 31 11:59:23 EST 2006

I've looked into this a little further and it appears that a dataset must
have a default source of "/", so when doRequest is called, it queries apache
for the source relative to the app and gets the path that you see below.  Of
course, no file exists so it returns the tomcat 404 page.  Here's the source
of this page is below.  Notice the <HR> tag and the "noshade" attribute.
laszlo must be trying to parse the page as XML and chokes on "noshade".

I propose that code be added to the doRequest method so that it reports an
informational error when there is a missing/default "src" attribute alerting
you to that fact instead of trying to make a request from an obviously
invalid path.

<head>
<title>Apache Tomcat/5.0.24 - Error report</title>
  H1
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;fo
nt-size:22px;}
  H2
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;fo
nt-size:16px;}
  H3
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;fo
nt-size:14px;}
  BODY
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;}
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;}
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:
12px;}
  A {color : black;}
  A.name {color : black;}
  HR {color : #525D76;}
--></style>
</head>
<h1>HTTP Status 404 - /lps-3.2/my-apps/test/</h1>
<HR size="1" noshade>
<b>type</b> Status report
available.</u>
<HR size="1" noshade>