[Laszlo-user] Namespaces in LZX

graphis1@mac.com graphis1 at mac.com
Sat Mar 25 19:43:43 EST 2006

> We definitely want to be able to do things like that, and this is a
> first step toward it.

Great. This is very positive indeed - I have a wealth of ideas for
apps that rely on the ability to import laszlo swfs into other laszlo
swfs and it seems to crop up often as a requested feature.

Is it possible to include such functionality early on? I would
propose the addition of an "import" tag to the <canvas>. By default
this could be set to false, causing the lz core module to be
automatically included.

Setting <canvas import = "true" name = "myUniqueName" > would omit
the lz module, and could allow importing of the compiled applet into
another laszlo applet as a resource.

Is this something that sounds feasible?