[Laszlo-user] [Laszlo-dev] Do datasets really have to be in 3 places at once?

Adam Wolff adam at laszlosystems.com
Fri Mar 24 15:41:22 EST 2006

actually, global != canvas in laszlo right now. the promotion of canvas
children to the global namespace was oliver's idea. it makes for terser
syntax, but it's a somewhat obscure feature. you can always use id. also,
if ever wanted to support embedding one laszlo app in another, it could
cause problems. we just need to deprecate it before we change it.