[Laszlo-user] connecting lazlo to database

Max Carlson max at laszlosystems.com
Wed Mar 22 14:06:47 EST 2006

Hi Luca,

The approach you've outlined would work, but it's perhaps a little
heavyweight.  So far, the only complete implementation is part of the
Laszlo on Rails project:
http://laszlo-plugin.rubyforge.org/

The implementation is based on this spec:
http://wiki.openlaszlo.org/Database_Connector

If you download the plugin, it has a complete client-side data
controller that watches for changes to a dataset and automatically sends
create/read/update/delete commands to the server to keep the server-side
data model in sync.

The client-side data model code is free for the taking and will work
with any back end.

Let me know if you need more details!

--
Regards,