[Laszlo-user] Question and suggestion about supported HTML elements

DL dl.lists at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 17 16:10:35 EST 2006

On 17 Mar 2006 at 15:43, James Howe wrote:

> I just read this thread, very cool!  I downloaded the deng_example.zip
> file and played around with it and managed to get the sample file to
> display, but I was unable to access the API functions in the manner
> described in the thread (e.g.
> "deng_view.getMCRef().dengcontainer_mc.deng_mc.setSize(100,100)")  Is
> there some other subtle change that needs to be made to the example code
> to make this work (I already removed the 'http' string)

This is is very early stages of hacking .. the author of Deng points out
that he has created test.swf as a wrapper for the main rendering
engine deng.swf which is well tested.

So the ideal scenario would be to eventually dispense with test.swf as
a resource, build the dengcontainer_mc in openlaszlo code (using the
actionscript functions in test.as), with methods accessing the methods
in deng.swf.

Here below is a very rough updated lzx code .. the view width changes
dynamically but not (yet) the height or document uri.  So test.swf has
to be hacked (test.as is the zip).

<canvas width="600" height="600" proxied="false" debug="true">
<view id="control" x="0" y="0" >
<button x="0" y="0" text="100x100"
onclick="deng_view.getMCRef().dengcontainer_mc.deng_mc.setSize(
100, 100);"/>
<button x="100" y="0" text="400x400"
onclick="deng_view.getMCRef().dengcontainer_mc.deng_mc.setSize(
400, 400);"/>
<button x="0" y="50" text="sample"
onclick="deng_view.getMCRef().dengcontainer_mc.deng_mc.setDocu
mentUri('sample.html');"/>
<button x="100" y="50" text="sample2"
onclick="deng_view.getMCRef().dengcontainer_mc.deng_mc.setDocu
mentUri('sample2.html');"/>
</view>

<view id="deng_view" x="100" y="100" width="400" height="400"
resource="test.swf" >

<method event="oninit">
<![CDATA[
Debug.inspect(this);
]]>
</method>
</view>
</canvas>

I will update the zip when I get the calls to work.  But setDocumentUri
has to be made to work (passing document uri as argument).

DENG is quite a useful component since it opens up many
opportunities within openlaszlo canvas.  My interest is Xforms and
SVG rendering.

DL