[Laszlo-user] Question and suggestion about supported HTML elements

James Howe openlaszlo at wingspread.imap-mail.com
Fri Mar 17 15:43:02 EST 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:01:21 -0500, DL <dl.lists at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 17 Mar 2006 at 9:09, Henry Minsky wrote:
>
>> I can't think of another way than scanning and modifying the HTML
>> before setting it into the text field.
>
> There is a discussion here on using DENG API to render imported XHTML
> content
> within an openlaszlo canvas .. avoiding need for multiple div containers
> .. or parsing ..
>
>   http://www.laszlosystems.com/developers/community/forums/showthread.php?s=7d85e2212da57d2ff74ab7ffa6ecd0d9&threadid=5639
>

> This has to be refined later into a dengview class to render XHTML via
> DENG API.
>
> DL

I just read this thread, very cool!  I downloaded the deng_example.zip
file and played around with it and managed to get the sample file to
display, but I was unable to access the API functions in the manner
described in the thread (e.g.
"deng_view.getMCRef().dengcontainer_mc.deng_mc.setSize(100,100)")  Is
there some other subtle change that needs to be made to the example code
to make this work (I already removed the 'http' string)

Thanks!

--
James Howe