[Laszlo-user] Could someone elaborate on this? XML binary encoding:

Henry Minsky henry.minsky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 17:21:34 EST 2006

On 3/8/06, Andy Chandler <achandler at visionael.com> wrote:

> I found the following tidbit in the architecture document - could someone
> point me to where this is elaborated ?    I know we've hit XML string
> response limits and implemented a "chunking" mechanism that retrieves long
> appropriate
> -

What context are you talking about XML string limits? Laszlo currently
proxies XML data by encoding the XML as a Flash byte-coded instruction
stream, but we're moving to use the newer Flash client-side XML parsing,
because it is now fast enough. For DHTML, we use the XMLHTTPRequest API, so
the XML is sent as text, but it can be gzipped by the server , which is a
better idea all around than a separate binary encoding for XML.

Data transcoding

hminsky at laszlosystems.com