[Laszlo-user] internationalization

Adeola Awoyemi adeola at fotango.com
Fri Apr 28 04:40:17 EDT 2006

I think you could do this by mapping the locale text of the language you
want to that of the default locale (en_GB/en_US) using a dataset. For
instance:

<dataset name="en_GB">
   <messages>
     <hello>Hello</hello>
   </messages>
</dataset>

<dataset name="ja_JP">
   <messages>
     <hello>konnichiwa</hello>
   </messages>
</dataset>

So in your app you can then do something like:

<text text="${'canvas.datasets.' + locale + 'messages/hello/text()'}"/>

This should work in theory but I haven't tested it yet. So I hope this
and Henry's link will lead you in the right direction.

Adeola.