[Laszlo-user] Laszlo Code Question

Max Carlson max at laszlosystems.com
Thu Apr 27 16:46:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

I can't get this code example to work correctly to demonstrate how to
instantiate a new class. The third argument is suppose to be for the
children of this instantiated class, but how do you set the parent view
of the children. Right now, the view "second" is appearing at the top
level. This occurs naturally enough because I have supplied "null" as
its parent argument, but canvas.first produces a "first property not
found" error. The small red square should appear inside the blue square
and be its child

<canvas>
   <class name="new_class" width="100" height="100"/>
   <handler name="oninit">
      var parentview =
          new new_class(canvas, {name: "first", width: 100,
                       height: 100, bgcolor: blue},
[ new LzView(null, {name: "second", bgcolor: red, x: 100, width: 20,
height: 20})], true);
   </handler>
   <handler name="onaddsubview" args="view">
      if (view.name <http://view.name> == null) return;
      Debug.write("view = " + view.name <http://view.name>);
   </handler>
</canvas>