[Laszlo-user] OpenLaszlo partnering with Dojo

Jim Grandy jgrandy at laszlosystems.com
Wed Apr 26 17:32:33 EDT 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 12:46 PM, DL wrote:

> Interesting.  From this first date? ..
>
> http://www.openlaszlo.org/pipermail/laszlo-dev/2005-February/
> 000702.html

The proximate conversation actually happened at ETech in early March
of this year. I think we had all forgotten about this thread!

> I hope that this leads to SVG support in the merged platform.

"merged platform" -- that's not quite what we're announcing. We using
libraries from Dojo to help implement the DHTML runtime for
OpenLaszlo. The Dojo libraries we will be using are quite low-level
-- we're not using the widgets, for example, or the animators or
effects. And Dojo won't be getting high-level libraries from
OpenLaszlo -- just code that would go into our DHTML runtime anyway.

That said, we are certainly interested in SVG, and tracking
developments like Safari's native SVG rendering support (http://
webkit.opendarwin.org/projects/svg/index.html). If anyone would like
to get involved, the time is soon arriving when we'll have the
infrastructure in place such that you could start working on SVG
support in OpenLaszlo yourself.

jim