[Laszlo-user] OC4J and Laszlo 3.2

Greg Murray gmurray at edgewater.com
Fri Apr 21 11:07:53 EDT 2006

I'm trying to get OpenLaszlo to run in OC4J.  In general, most of it
seems to be OK, but I've run across a situation where, in a JSP in the
OpenLaszlo 3.2 distribution, there is a call to "getServletContext()".
This method is a part of the GenericServlet class.  Apparently,
com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage (the implementation class for JSPs
in OC4J) does not inherit from GenericServlet and this method is not
available, and you get exceptions during JSP compilation to that effect.
I have been unable to find an API JavaDoc or a source file for
OrionHttpJspPage, so I can't be sure if this is the case, but it
definitely doesn't inherit from GenericServlet because this method is
not available.

It appears that 3 files contain getServletContext():

laszlo-explorer/source.jsp
lps/admin/solo-deploy.jsp
lps/utils/viewer/viewer.jsp (this is the file called when you click on
the "Source" menu option for the Components in the OpenLaszlo Explorer -
this is where I first saw the error)

I also deployed to JBoss, and org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase does
seem to inherit from GenericServlet because the code works in JBoss.

I was thinking that perhaps these calls should be changed to
"pageContext.getServletContext()"?

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, how did you handle it?  Or, is
this something that should be submitted as a bug in OpenLaszlo?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg Murray

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  This communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure by applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify Edgewater Technology by telephone at (781) 246-3343 and delete the communication from all e-mail files.