[Laszlo-user] splash tag & forcing the whole app to load

William Krick wkrick at eio-online.com
Wed Apr 19 17:29:38 EDT 2006

How do I make sure that our entire app is loaded before the splash screen
goes away?
The splash appears for a split second, then disappears, then the screen is
blank for several seconds while the app finishes loading.

If I add "persistent='true'" to the splash tag, it doesn't go away.
However, our animated "please wait" text grinds to a halt while the app is

The initial startup of the OpenLaszlo Explorer is the best example I can
find of how I think it should work.  Unfortunately, I am unable to make the
mental leap to figuring out what we are doing wrong.

I've even tried to use the "loading.swf" file from the OpenLaszlo Explorer
example as our splash and the animation grinds to a halt there too so I
don't think there's a problem with the swf file we're using.