[Laszlo-user] Transferring data from Laszlo app to browser frame

James Howe openlaszlo at wingspread.imap-mail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:53:17 EDT 2006

I have a Laszlo application which is sharing page space with an HTML Frame
(IFrame).  I'm able to communicate between the two via the LzBrowser
object.  I'd like to be able to send the frame a potentially large string
(hundreds of characters, maybe more in rare cases).  The string can
contain XML/HTML markup.  I tried using LzBrowser.loadJS, but I received
errors when the Javascript method was executed on the browser side.  The
problem appeared to be that the string I was sending contained embedded
quote marks.  Is there a reliable way to wrap a blob of string data and
send it to the browser?  I tried using the Javascript escape function, but
that didn't work.  I could always just send a URL and let the browser
fetch information from the URL, but since the Laszlo app already has the
data on the client side, it seems a waste to make another trip back to the
server to get the same information.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--