[Laszlo-user] Using IFRAME for displaying HTML - Example?

James Howe openlaszlo at wingspread.imap-mail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:52:35 EDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:29:39 -0400, DL <dl.lists at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 10 Apr 2006 at 14:02, James Howe wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a Laszlo application which displays some information from
>> XML which might contain HTML.  I've read various threads on how to get a
>> Laszlo application to display HTML using an IFRAME, but I don't think
>> I've run across a good example of how to do this. [...]
>
> There are quite a few postings at laszlosystems forum .. just search
> "iframe" or "skinning" .. and using flashobject.js to embed the flash
> movies.
>
> When you say "three pane" do you mean "three separate iframes" ..
> involving two openlaszlo apps in divs (left and right_top) plus HTML app
> (right_bottom) .. non overlapping??
>
> [...]

Right now the three panes are all within one Laszlo application.  I have
vertical and horizontal divider views which are used to resize the panes.
Rather than using three IFRAMES, two with Laszlo components and one with
HTML, I was thinking about simply having a blank space in my Laszlo
application over which I float an IFRAME to display HTML data.  I have a
vague notion of how I want to do this, but a concrete example of something
that does it would be nice to look at.  I'll do some more searching in the
forums to see what I may have missed.

--
James Howe