[Laszlo-user] syntax problem using variables in a view's x and y

graphis1@mac.com graphis1 at mac.com
Thu Apr 6 11:35:13 EDT 2006

Would it make more sense to propose the addition of a "position" attribute to the view class? It could be set to "absolute" or "relative" (and default to absolute) - this would mirror the CSS attribute of the same name.

Getting and setting the x or y position of a relatively positioned view would set or return the value relative to parent, whilst getting or setting an absolutely positioned view would set or return the value relative to canvas.

I suspect this could also be achieved by creating a custom layout with a position attribute, or by extending the view class.