[Laszlo-user] pre-compile?

P T Withington ptw at openlaszlo.org
Wed Apr 5 17:09:23 EDT 2006

When you 'bounce' tomcat, what exactly do you mean?  The Openlaszlo
servlet definitely has a cache that should be preserved across tomcat
stop/start.  The OL distribution is built using a script that wget's
the 'standard' demos/examples, etc. to pre-fill the cache.  If you
are only seeing a delay on the first fetch by any browser of your
app, I suggest that you use a similar technique.  This is the
simplest way to cause the compilation of a non-SOLO app.  The server
will recompile your app if the source files for your app are newer
than the cached compiled swf.