[Laszlo-user] Collaborative applications with laszlo?

Robin robin at kallisti.net.nz
Wed Apr 5 21:49:59 EDT 2006

DL wrote:
> By "collaborative networking" I assume /no server/ .. all communications
> are client to client, peer to peer (other than cache servers).
Well, I was actually thinking via a server, but last night I figured out a
couple of ways to do it that I'll have a go at when I have time.

One (probably the easiest) is to have a timer poll the server every /n/
seconds for more data, and if there is an update the server sends it through.
Whenever (say) a chat message is sent, then the laszlo app sends it to the
server which stores it and passes it to other people.

The other way was to do something with persistent connections, but I haven't
looked at them yet.

Robin.