[Laszlo-user] Resizing oddity

James Howe openlaszlo at wingspread.imap-mail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:01:52 PST 2005

I've been playing around in Laszlo Explorer experimenting with getting
views to layout and resize the way I want them to.  I recently tried this
bit of code which I edited from the LZX Reference page explaining
Tabsliders:

<canvas width="100%" height="100%" bgcolor="green">
   <tabslider width="${canvas.width - 20}" x="10" y="10"
              height="${canvas.height - 20}"
              spacing="2" slideduration="300">
     <tabelement text="Tabelement One"/>
     <tabelement text="Tabelement Two"/>
     <tabelement text="Tabelement Three"/>
   </tabslider>
</canvas>

What I was trying to do was to get a page which would cover the entire
window (which it did), background in green (which it did) with the tab
slider insert 10 @ 10 (which it did).  When I resized the window larger,
everything behaved as I would expect.  When I resized the window smaller,
it worked for a while, but it got to a point when the right edge of the
tab slider was no longer inset by 10.  The window was still pretty wide
when it did this, so it wasn't some edge case where the window is so
narrow that it's hard to display anything.  This happened using the 3.1
release.  Is this a bug in Laszlo, or am I missing something about the way
this code should function?

Thanks!

--
James Howe