[Laszlo-user] Laszlo memory leaks

Geert Bevin gbevin at uwyn.com
Thu Apr 28 04:26:02 PDT 2005

Hi,

some more information update this.

I took some time to locally create a version of the application
strips all whitespace from the XML file (as was suggested by one of
the forum posts), and it's still leaking memory like crazy. Every
time this scroller does a round-trip, there are a couple of hundred
kilobytes wasted. The view and its items are recreated every time
data comes in from the request. Are you sure that the old ones are
correctly garbage collected?

I really hope this can be resolved, since if it doesn't I'm finding
myself in major trouble. I assured to the customer that we could
develop such a thing in Flash (counting on Laszlo), but leaking
memory as it does, it's unusable. We lack the knowledge to redevelop
this is regular Flash, so we'd be in for quite some troublesome times.

Thanks for the help,

Geert