[Laszlo-user] Fonts on 3.0rc1 - OSX

Benjamin Cox ben at insourcery.com
Sat Apr 16 22:06:22 PDT 2005

All,

We're experiencing a little bit of difficulty with the fonts on
OpenLaszlo 3.0 RC 1 on Mac OS X, running Flash 7 in Safari.  In
essence, any font face we define with a 'style' attribute resolves
correctly (i.e. a bold face shows up when the <b> tag is used in HTML
text), but that is the only one that shows up.  The 'normal' text
disappears!

For instance, the following results in the text "What the heck is going
on here?" being the only thing that shows up.  However, removing the
<face style="bold"> tag results in the opposite.  Finally, the
workarounds we tried, such as defining different named fonts and
overriding the <text>'s font with an HTML <font> tag, had the same
result.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  Is it Mac-specific or do we know
yet?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

<canvas width="60%" height="600">

     <face src="fonts/HelveticaNeue.ttf"/>
     <face src="fonts/HelveticaNeueLight.ttf" style="bold"/>

   <view width="${parent.width}" height="${parent.height}">
     <text width="150" height="150"
               font="sanSerifFont" fontsize="15" multiline="true">
            Hello, World!<br/>
     </text>
   </view>
</canvas>