[Laszlo-dev] Cross-runtime feature APIs, cross-runtime scripting

Henry Minsky henry.minsky at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:38:41 PST 2010

Hey Raju,

I'd like to start thinking about improvements to the <text> APIs. The Flash
10 runtime has some new features in their Text Layout Framework and "text
engine" substate that give the programmer more control of typographic
options and text flows. Thus far we have not
built any new text classes with the Flash 10 text libraries, but there's
been some interest (for bidirectional text support ,for example)

Do you know what the HTML5 text API's look like? Is there some common subset
that
we would want to try to support in a portable way?

hminsky at laszlosystems.com