[Laszlo-dev] Flash Player Security Warning

Raju Bitter rajubitter at me.com
Thu Jul 23 05:36:24 PDT 2009

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/advisories/apsa09-03.html
A critical vulnerability exists in the current versions of Flash
Player (v9.0.159.0 and v10.0.22.87) for Windows, Macintosh and Linux
operating systems, and the authplay.dll component that ships with
Adobe Reader and Acrobat v9.x for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX
operating systems. This vulnerability (CVE-2009-1862) could cause a
crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the
affected system. There are reports that this vulnerability is being
actively exploited in the wild via limited, targeted attacks against
Adobe Reader v9 on Windows.

We are in the process of developing a fix for the issue, and expect to
provide an update for Flash Player v9 and v10 for Windows, Macintosh,
and Linux by July 30, 2009 (the date for Flash Player v9 and v10 for
Solaris is still pending). We expect to provide an update for Adobe
Reader and Acrobat v9.1.2 for Windows and Macintosh by July 31, 2009
(the date for Adobe Reader for UNIX is still pending).

More info: