[Laszlo-dev] PR3 plan - DRAFT
jgrandy at openlaszlo.org
Mon Aug 21 12:28:24 EDT 2006
I'd like to finalize this plan TOMORROW. Default release manager is
me, but I'm (more than) willing to accept a volunteer. Please take a
hard look and comment. Process is a little heavyweight for a snapshot
release, but consider this a dry run for B1.
I'll put this plan on the wiki at the end of the day today, to be
finalized at EOD tomorrow.
Tues, Aug 22: PR3 bug scrub and PR3 Plan finalized
Mon, Aug 28: Fork PR3 (svn copy openlaszlo/branches/legals openlaszlo/
Thurs, Aug 31: Release PR3
+ Release manager is ??
+ No direct checkins to legals-pr3. All checkins integrated from
legals branch by release manager.
+ Nightly legals-pr3 builds to start Mon 8/28, to continue until PR3
+ We'll have daily PR3 status calls at 10:30/1:30 starting Mon 8/28
until PR3 releases. Required attendees are release manager, team
managers (Jim and Mark), QA lead, and any engineers with a change
pending integration to branch.
+ Changes bound for legals-pr3 should be sent to release manager as
well as to laszlo-dev and usual reviewers.
+ Integration of any single change must be approved by release
manager, team managers (Jim and Mark), and QA lead (Mamye).
Proposed PR3 Goals (to be pruned & refined):
* further IE6 improvements
* fully refactored LFC
* new class syntax in compiler
* LFC uses new class syntax -- no more shim/bridge
* no warnings in LFC
* legals caught up to trunk
* runtime-specific asset loader
* png assets available for standard components
* dhtml kernel at parity with draft kernel api spec
* flash kernel at parity with draft kernel api spec
* first complete kernel API spec
* release checklist for LZPIX deployment
PR3 JIRA tasks are here:
More information about the Laszlo-dev