[Laszlo-dev] Offline Compiler theory...

Weston Weems wweems at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:14:22 PST 2004

I've just started playing with laszlo writing real apps, and am quite
impressed with it. Again I never really liked all its ties to java,
but understand that the offline compiler will at least prevent us from
requiring the use of LPS running all the time.

Let me ask you guys this... theoretically int he future I'll be able
to compile once, but still be able to do something like

<dataset name="dset"
           autorequest="true" type="http"
           src="getemployees.aspx"/>

which could simply just return some xml data and parse it up the same
way? if so, whats not going to work? Invoking a method on the server
because we dont have any xmlrpc stuff going?